Thursday, September 16, 2004
Posted by Jason Dunn in "ARTICLE" @ 11:30 AM
The problem is, which one do you click on to access the Flash memory card you just put in? This quick tip will allow you to fix this problem in just a few seconds...
1) Insert the Flash memory card into your memory card reader - make sure there's no pictures or data on it!
2) Figure out which drive letter corresponds to your memory card - this may take some trial and error
3) Once you've figured it out, right-click on the drive letter and select Format
4) You'll see a screen like the one below appear:
5) Give the card a name by typing it in the Volume Label field. I name mine by listing the capacity and the type of card (1 GB CF, 512 MB SD), etc. Quick Format should be selected
6) Click start, and the card will be formatted and given the volume name you chose
7) When it's finished, click Close, and you'll see that the card is showing up with it's new name. This name is permanent and will show up the next time you insert the card into the memory card reader.
Remember that if you format your memory card with your camera, it will remove the volume name and you'll need to repeat this procedure.